Monday, July 13, 2015

Soul 'flying'

A flag made 'offensive', something 'offensive' (to me) made legal, arrests, fines, fightings, shootings and rumors of wars...

My heart is not grieved anymore.  It's sickened, its sore, its numbed with this pain... and at this joyful stage of life (of being a 23 year old young woman) I'm hurt.  I'm sick of it.  I am not in shock.  I have seen it coming. But I'm ill.

This is the country I've grow up to love, the land of my father's.  But I must as Christ's child realize this isn't my home.  I'm just (think about that, 'just': simply, only) passing through.

And though I really love this land, and its brave history and biblical foundation, my heart can only trust in the creator of the universes.  Not in my country.
To have my heart ever going to be settled, steadfast, or be, yes, free I must only hang my hopes on Jesus.

To ever be free in mind, soul and body my fear must alone be in Christ.  Not man (as I've mentioned before).  And as I see devices of the wicked one 'rise up' and fly.  I am aware persecution may not be too far round the bend.  But this is no threat to me, or worry.  If Christ would find us worthy enough to suffer for him under any torture or pain, oh what joy unspeakable we will learn to have!  I have been reading "Tortured for Christ" and to hear of the peace and settled hearts those martyrs and blessed ones had!  It reminds me of how little I really do know persecution.  I don't really at all.  But to read of their settled hearts and the way their souls were so lost in the Lord's arms that hideous tortures no longer 'touched' them I see how they did experience the privilege  of soul 'flying'... Their soul 'left' their bodies prior to death, somewhat.  No not completely.  But the bodies far away felt the tortures while their soul just rested and hid in the arms of the Lord Jesus!   What does this have to do with you and I?  You and I can have a wonderful peace that passes all understanding if we just remain in our Christ!

I've learned that Jesus is very jealous.  He wants us to return to him daily, this is NOT a requirement, NOT a duty, but he wants us to really know and find our need for him.  And not just daily, but hourly, minute by minute. :)  In our weakness, he is made strong.  When we realize our need he can work through us! :D

Myself at about age 3 or 4.  We should be as
careless little children letting our soul hide in Jesus!
Still when my homeland, who's claimed to love my God spits in his face and at the laws he made to protect us I'm not sick anymore.  I am ready for soul flying.  I am ready to face any torture satan can throw at me for doing things God's way.   What we need to do is to witness of what Christ has done in your life, and share the good news!  The only thing that made America what it is, is the Christians who were the majority of the society.  That's the only way you can get a strong, peaceable, but willing to fight for it, free country!  God's way! :D

So for our country, I'm not saying let it burn, and forget it, or give up.  But rather minister to its people.  For this is truly where any country starts.  With the type of people its made of.  Sodom and Gomorrah was known for the people whom lived in it.  Your town is known for its people.  Not the buildings, and if for a building, for the builder who built it (its people).  

If we could unite and respect each other's differences at the same time, what could the church (the body of Christ) do?  We could do oh so much and instead we're only 'whining' or still re-discussing the flag, and the court order... Its done y'all action now.  Please!   Christ hates lukewarm folks...  Are you hot or cold?  Most Americans are just warm, and they sicken me... I am refreshed when I meet either a HOT (on fire) Christian or a Cold (icy non-believer).  They are both gutsy enough to stand for something not be fence sitters....

The King, Lord Jesus, of Heaven and EARTH is coming back, we know not what the hour, or minute.... Could be now, are you ready to admit how 'warm' or 'cold' or 'hot' you've been?

His trying to stay HOT daughter,
Faith



1 comment:

  1. Love this post Faith! Thanks for the reminder:)

    ReplyDelete